No announcement yet.

just purchased new exhaust...too big??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just purchased new exhaust...too big??

hey i just ordered two 3" cutouts, and two 3" dynomax bullet mufflers. i am planning on running a true dual setup with the cutouts after each header and then into the dynomax bullets. well i've been reading that this may be too big of piping for my setup and i wouldn't have enough backpressure. is this true? if so, is there any exceptions i can make by still having the bullets...like having 2.5" piping?? any feedback will be awesome because i will be gettiing the exhaust installed within 2 weeks! thanks!
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

What will cause problems is clearing the axle with twin 3" pipes. You will likely need a panhard rod relocation kit that drops the attachment point of the rod, allowing dual 3" pipes to clear the rear end axle tubes. ou can see how much addition room there is for the exhaust in the last picture.

This setup allows me to run a 4" exhaust over the axle.

Comment

You don't need backpressure. If you did, the cutouts wouldn't help - they would hurt performance, because they reduce backpressure. But cutouts or open exhaust, in a correctly tuned EFI setup will improve performance.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

oh so i don't need backpressure? i heard from this guy that the loss of backpressure would decrease low end torque but Injuneer knows alot more than him so i'm goin with this exhaust system. And about the panhard relocation..i'm getting the exhaust dumped right after the bullets so i won't have to worry. Well i hope there's a performance and sound improvement over my flowmaster exhaust!
        1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Hey one last thing before i get the bullets installed....has anyone here ever heard the bullets on an f-body??? if so, how do they sound?? better than my flowmaster?

Comment

Try www.ls1sounds.com or www.lt1engine.com
            95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Comment

Working...
            X