No announcement yet.

Car acting funny. anyone can help diagnose sord of like dead battery. but not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car acting funny. anyone can help diagnose sord of like dead battery. but not

been a while since i posted on this section of the board : ( but hopefully you guys can turn that frown upside down.

Story

so i go out today because my parents are having a huge fight and trying to figure out who would move in with who kids wise. i go up the street everythings running great go meet some friends at a strip mall get out of my car go in come back out .5 hours later

Actual Problem for those who want a very quick read.

.5 hours after i turn off my car and it's running fine come back out go to turn it on acts normal all the way up until when i turn the key all the way to crank it then boom no power then the lights go very dim in the cabin odometer very hard to read lights in the dash are blinking not like SES blinking but just blinking from the battery dieing then i hear clicking coming from waht sounds like the engine bay. Go to jump it still getting absouletly no juice at all the battery has a light on top and it's lit up saying that it still has battery life left.

This has happened a few times before but until recently seems to have slowed down after i took the ground cable piece thats about a foot towards the front of the car from the computer and clean'd it up and then changed the nuts on it.

any suggestions : ( ?
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

went up there this morning and cleaned the grounds and then got a new battery and cleaned the terminal the battery was prob shot from constantly being jumped for 2days. but anyway got it running : D

thank you bru for the answer
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

Could be several things.

*Have the battery checked to make sure all cells are good and the voltage is within spec.

*Make sure the cables all have a good, clean and tight connection.

*When the starter begins to croak, it consumes more current and the output dimishes.... sometimes giving people the impression that the battery or the electrical system is the culprit. If the first two things check out, I would pull the starter and have it tested. Almost any LAPS (local auto parts store) will test alternators and starters free of charge. It's likely either the starter solenoid or starter is going south.

Comment

Working...
      X