Engine Swap Ideas?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap Ideas?!?!

Hey guys, Iv'e been pretty bored and all with school starting, and need something exciting to dream about. What do you guys think about dropping an LS2 into my car? I know it would be quite a bit of work. But what would I really be looking into? Would my tranny bolt up to it, would it fit? Would I only need a new K member and exhaust set up? Let the ideas unfold!
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

I was asking the same question a week ago. You don't really need to replace the LT1, they can be taken past 1000 hp for probably under 15000$. If you want, I can give you the details on what I'm planning for my 94 TA.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Iceslim0

Comment

It would be much, much easier to drop a LS2 into a car that was originally equipped with a LS1. It would be a direct bolt-in. Fitting one in your LT1 car would require a ton of parts.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

One note, the 6 speed is different between the LT1 and the LS1 so add a transmission and bellhousing to the cost.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Quick one here, I noticed that F-bodies with LSx's have the alternator mounted below while other LSx's are mounted on top, would that pose a clearance issue? Not with the hood, but with the AC low pressure canister or the PS resevior, which ever side it's mounted on, I'm sure you could relocate those accesories, or not have them at all.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
          X