lt4 conversoin kit!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt4 conversoin kit!!

i have the lt1 i wanna do the conversion kit but i don't know if its worth it cuz i already have a stroker kit will they bolt up to each other or will i have to drop one?? and if so which one would be better to use??

I'm confused...what came with the stroker kit?

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

You can do both. I know someone in the erie PA area who has a Z28 with an LT4 stroker and N2O. He's supposedly running high tens. I have seen the car, under the hood, etc but have not been for a ride.

The Lt4 is a top end kit - heads, manifold, cam, rockers etc. Stroking an engine is all bottom end. The only thing you may have to watch out for is matching the correct cam.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

thanks thats what i thought but wasn't sure!!

Comment

Knightfire all i have right now is an lt1 but i have the skroker in my garage and the lt4 kit on standby i just wanted to know if they would bolt up so i didn't waste my money

Comment

yeah, the LT4 is a really nice head package, and I have heard that it is also REALLY strong. The cam that comes with it is also supposed to be really hot, might experience a powerband in there somewhere. Good luck on the build, and please post some numbers later. I know that the LT4 is supposed to put down ~425 hp from just that kit, and the stroker will just help a bunch for the torque.

good luck

~RB~
            my car:
            '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
            check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Working...
            X