Small problem on the way to work this morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small problem on the way to work this morning

I had a small problem on the way to work this morning. I ran out of gas. I recently installed white gague faces in my car and apparently, even though I was careful, the fuel gauge was not correct since it read a little over 1/4 when the car stopped. With help from a friend I got it to a gas station and it took 16.25 gal to fill it. Can you say BONE DRY?

I was monitoring mileage on the trip odometer but I have had to remove the battery cable a couple of times over this fill up so I had multiple partial numbers to keep up with. I must have missed one somewhere cause I had only about 170 miles on that tank according to my list. I normally get around 200 and it takes 13-14 gal. to fill up.

The good news is now I know 100% where EMPTY is and reset the gauge to reflect that.

I am going to replace the fuel filter very soon and am going to run injector cleaner for the next 3 or so fill ups to take care of anythng that I might have picked up off the bottom of the tank.

My question is this. Is there anyhting else I need to look at/service/replace after this slightly embarrasing situation?

Scott
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Your lucky the fuel pump didn't burn out. They are notorious for going bad after you run out of fuel since it is cooled by the gas it pumps.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Working...
    X