Bose stereo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose stereo

Hey guys, I'm lookin' to take out the stereo that the prev. owner put in the Z and going to the 4+1 Bose CD system that she should have came with, but didn't. I'm wondering if its possible, what I will need to do it, where I can get the parts and if there's anything special to know about the install. Thanks guys.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Start looking for the head unit, all 4 bose interior speakers and the sub. You'll also need the driver side interior trim with the grill in it for the sub if you don't have it already. Each speaker has an amplifier built into it in a plastic box mounted to the speaker housing. The amp for the sub is inside the sub enclosure. I have removed two of these systems from cars, and replaced one, but never put one in a car that didn't originally come with it.

If your car did have the bose from the factory you are set. Just plug it all in and it should work.

If your car didnt have bose from the factory you will most likely need to find a wiring harness for it also and do a little more research.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Do not waste your time doing this. Bose equipment has a high failure rate, and an extremely high repair cost, not to mention all the wiring you would have to do to install it. Be grateful that your car DIDN'T come with Bose. For the amount of money and time it would take you, you could get a killer aftermarket system that is exponentially better than that crap Bose system.

Check around on here, ls1.com, cz28.com, and any other f-body board and see how many people have gone from Bose to aftermarket. I've never heard of anybody trying to go from standard stereo to Bose.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I ripped the crappy bose system out and now have...........a 600 watt california profile dedicated to the 2-12" subs........a 240 watt autotek..dedicated to the front door panel 3 way sony's..........and another 240 watt autotak dedicated to 2-1" tweets 2-5" mid's with another set of 1' tweets and 2-4" mids mounted on the custom enclosure for the subs that sits in the back space.........controlled by a dei EQ...and a denon cd-head unit...........it definatly rocks out....................and remember if tis to LOUD......................you're toooooo old!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X