Msd 6a & coil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msd 6a & coil

Hi guys I am thinking about a MSD 6A & a MSD Blasrter coil . Is it worth the money. Oh have 94 Formula LT1. Just want to get some input if it is worth it. thanks much an love this site have learned a ton. Got to go NASCAR is about to start.

What mods do you have?

I have an new accel 300+ module for sale in the "for sale" section for far cheaper than the MSD unit.

http://www.f-body.com/forum.cgi/show...&threadid=1774

Just an FYI.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Blazer, if you are mostly stock (no blower, N2O, big cam, or high compression) you don't really need an aftermarket ignition. The stock ignition is more than adequate for a stock or mildly built setup. If your wires are good, and everything else in the ignition system is healthy, then you're getting all the spark that you need with plenty extra. Most CDIs already provide a 40kV spark or so, and it only takes about 12KV to jump the gap unless the pressure is really high due to forced induction or whatever, so there's plenty in reserve. Most stock CDIs have a multiple spark discharge anyway below 3k to try and burn the lean mixture. Someday when I get bored, I'll scope some ignitions and post the ocillographs.

Comment

Thanks Kevin now i can put the money on something else. Got aSLP Flow Booster & a Cold-Air Induction comiig this week.

Comment

Working...
        X