Roof Lining Is Loose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Lining Is Loose

What can I use to keep the hood lining inside car in place. Cheap fix I'm looking for. Something good to hold it up.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

You can remove the headliner with it's backing, slowly peel back the fabric, apply 3M adhesive and glue the fabric back in place. Then re-install the headliner. it's about a $4.00 fix and a few hours of work.

Comment

That's what I use on headliners. 3M Super 77. You can get it at Auto Zone, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, just about anywhere.

It works best when you spray both contact sides and let it "tack up" for about 5 minutes. Then apply the headliner to the backing "shell."

Comment

Or you can go to a fabric store and order the headliner material. It's a cloth with a foam backing. Then use the 3 m glue and glue it back to the backing. The material is 60" wide and is sold by the yard. The last time I bought it it cost $9.70 a yard. You can probably do the whole thing for 1.5 yards or $15 plus the glue. Make sure the glue is a high temp glue or it will let go on a hot day. I've done several headliners.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If you car is hardtop, I'll sell you a brand new one for 50 bucks
          1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Working...
          X