Service Engine Soon Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Engine Soon Light

I scanned my car and i had 2 1406 codes. Both said emissions but what exactly does that mean, like part number?

What's the year, make, model and engine size of your car?
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

1996 Chevy Camaro Rs 3.8

Sorry

Comment

P1406 = EGR system - pintle position error

This checks the position of the EGR valve pintle (the part that moves to admit exhaust gas to the intake manifold). The signal the PCM is receiving is not correct. This could be a problem with the electrical circuit to the EGR valve, a valve that is supposed to be closed showing an open position or the valve in an incorrect position.

May require the replacement of the EGR valve, but the electrical circuits shold be checked first, before assuming you need to replace the part.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X