Track Launching Question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Launching Question?

Alright guys I need a little insight. Im planning on running my car tomorrow at the 1/8th track here by my house. I just had a question. For those with M6's, At around what RPM range do You launch at. I was Testing it out last night in an alley and I was figuring at around 1500-1900 range. Not to Sure. Much different than my Honda. I used to Launch that thing at around 2800-3000rpm range and was fine. So Can you guys help me out?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

hmmm..... that's kinda a loaded question because it depends heavily on the modifications to the car as well as track and weather conditions. There are so many variables! You would benefit from picking up a performance meter like a G-tech or something similar. They are most valuable for learing how to drive your car for best ET, especially learning how to launch it. The RPM of the engine is only one piece of the puzzle, how well you release the clutch plays a signifiacant part in how well you hook.

Comment

One little trick that I always use at the track is the p-brake. Do a nice healthy burnout, get yourself lined up pointing down the center of your lane, then when you are approaching the pre-stage light just use the clutch to roll forward and turn on the pre-stage bulb while keeping your right hand on the p-brake with the button pushed in and the p-brake pulled up just enough to control the car rolling forward.

Let the p-brake down just a tad, let the clutch out just enough to turn on the stage bulb, then keep the p-brake back up just enough to keep from rolling. Get your revs up, let the clutch out just a little but not engaged.

When you see the last yellow, drop the p-brake and drop the hammer!

It sounds a little overwhelming, but once you do it a couple of times it is easy as pie.

Since you cannot put a transbrake on a standard trans and a line lock is designed to launch off of, the p-brake is a M6's best friend.

Comment

Working...
      X