1991 trans am fuel injector question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 trans am fuel injector question

Hello all, I have a 91 trans am automatic with a 305 everything is stock on the vehicle. I have some bad injectors so I'm gonna be swaping them out. The stock injectors are 19lbs and i have found either stock oem replacements for a very good price or 24lb injectors. The question is if I decide to go with the 24lb injectors what mods if any would i need to do the vehicle? Thanks.

One more question ... would I gain any Horsepower as a result of the stronger injector?Thanks
    1991 Pontiac Trans Am V8 305

In order for the 24 #/HR injectors to work in your engine you would have to have a new chip burned with the 24 #/HR flow rate programmed in.

You will not gain any power from larger injectors, unless your 19# injectors are already maxed out. 19 #/HR injectors are good for about 275 flywheel HP.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy
      Hello all, I have a 91 trans am automatic with a 305 everything is stock on the vehicle. I have some bad injectors so I'm gonna be swaping them out. The stock injectors are 19lbs and i have found either stock oem replacements for a very good price or 24lb injectors. The question is if I decide to go with the 24lb injectors what mods if any would i need to do the vehicle? Thanks.

One more question ... would I gain any Horsepower as a result of the stronger injector?Thanks
      No horsepower gain unless there are other factors involved. Larger injectors would require a different chip to fully control the fuel flow and maintain the proper air fuel ratio.

Comment

thank you

thank you for the quick reply guys ... much appreciated
        1991 Pontiac Trans Am V8 305

Comment

Working...
        X