Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission fluid leak

95 formula a4

ok,after a ride in a 06 Z06 i drove the formula home a bit 'spirited' so to speak
    When i got home there was a black smoke coming from under the car thought it was on fire or something. There was transmission fluid all over the riht underside of the car, from the treanmission pan to the exhaust pipe and it was dripping straight on the cat!!!

Took it on a lifter next day and the torque converter/flywheel shiels was clean and dry, the transmission pan was clean and dry aprt from the right side where i could see where the fluid spread going towards the back and on the cat but there was not too much . no oil dripping from the engine.

All i could think of was that maybe it was overfilled and it got hot and with all the hard launches and hard braking and hard cornering it came out through the vent?
    Only once i had some trouble with the transmission, i was at the track in june, hot sunny day, and after a couple of runs and a missed start where i put it in D revved up a bit and then big wheel spin it wouldnt select 2 nd i think. Anyway, i let it cool for an hour or so and then went back to the track and done another 6 or 7 runs and got the same times i always get, 14.1 t 14.5. I think it just entered the 'hot' mode, and returned to normal when it was cool enough.

I checked the fluid and it is red, doesnt smell burnt , no particles in it. I couldnt quite read the level
    Took the car for a drive and it drives well, no more leaks.
    What do you think i should check?
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8
Working...
X