Next Step???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Step???

Hey everybody thanks for the help on the last post. I have a 97' M6 Formula. So far i have K&N FIPK, MAF without the center post, BBK Shorty Headers, No Cats and a flowmaster cat back. What would be a good next step for me. Its a daily driver, mostly highway with some stop and go. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank You
    "You can't piss on what you can't catch."

3.73 or 4.10 gears. The first if gas mileage is any concern, the latter for maximum performance. You'll need to have the computer program addressed in order to recalibrate the speedometer.

Comment

What brand of gear should i go with? and gas mileage is not an issue.

Comment

GM motive gears appear as a whole to be a more "drop in, drive and still be quiet" gear. i've heard some complaints about other brands, my guess it's due to the differences in tooth cuts and perhaps just the setup. I've just heard fewer complaints with GM motive.

Comment

Thank You so much. I thinks I'll go with the 4.10 GM gears

Comment

How you gettin' away with no cats in Jersey? Hopefully, you never get stopped by the exhaust sniffer's that are lurking about...

BTW - cats on our cars are extremely efficient. You've added...maybe...5 hp by deleting them. To me, it's not worth the huge fine for getting caught without them in this state...my $0.02
            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

My parents live in texas now so i'm licenced and registered there. Helps with getting pass that stuff and insurance prices.

Comment

I see...just be careful. My buddy tried the same thing. He lived in Maryland for a while and got MD plates and license. Came back to NJ years later and left the plates. However, about a year after he moved back to NJ, they caught him. They gave him 60 days to get a NJ license and insure the car here or else. He ignored the first leter, but after they impounded the car, he had no choice. If your paying income taxes in NJ, it's only a matter of time before the come calling...just be fore warned.
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                X