Check Guages Light Came On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Guages Light Came On

Took a turn hard today fishtailing the whole rear to 1 side then letting off the gas, and my check guages light came on, and I noticed the oil pressure was in the red like on 0, but then fixed itself about 4 seconds later when I drove off normally also light went off. Whats that mean??? Never did this before. Car drove normal the rest of the day, and oil pressure was in the normal range all day.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

I'd say all your oil sloshed to one side and starved the oil pickup.
    The check gages light comes on if certain gage perimiters are out of normal.

If you gotten a new Zo6 Corvette that wouldn't happen as it has a dry oil sump.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH95Formula
      I'd say all your oil sloshed to one side and starved the oil pickup.
      The check gages light comes on if certain gage perimiters are out of normal.
      Better check the oil level again. Even hard cornering should not uncover the pickup tube. You don't want this to happen!

Comment

Working...
      X