emissions questions 91 trans am

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emissions questions 91 trans am

1991 trans am v8 305 Tune port automatic. I can almost gurantee I will fail emissions inspection. The while car reeeks of gasoline after shes turned on. I have bad injectors so iam changing them .. and gonna change the o2 sensor and pcv valve. I was thinkin about buy that oh so special motor oil that boasts u can pass emisssions or your money back. any ideas guys? what am I missing? after all this work i've done .. i'd seriously be upset if I can't get her on the road!!! Thanks ahead of time...
    1991 Pontiac Trans Am V8 305

Originally posted by Izzy
    1991 trans am v8 305 Tune port automatic. I can almost gurantee I will fail emissions inspection. The while car reeeks of gasoline after shes turned on. I have bad injectors so iam changing them .. and gonna change the o2 sensor and pcv valve. I was thinkin about buy that oh so special motor oil that boasts u can pass emisssions or your money back. any ideas guys? what am I missing? after all this work i've done .. i'd seriously be upset if I can't get her on the road!!! Thanks ahead of time...
    That could be a failing charcoal canister. It is a large, coffe can sized filter that is supposed to trap all the fuel odors and emissions from the tank by drawing it though a charcoal media. When it gets saturated, you smell gas. The "emissions passer" items basically help clean the catalytic converter so that it is more effective. It won't fix a bad cat, it won't fix bad injectors, it won't fix tune up issues, all it will do is help scrub the catalyst to make it a little more effective.

Comment

forgot completely about that .... thanx!!!!!!!!!
      1991 Pontiac Trans Am V8 305

Comment

Working...
      X