Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone make 18, 19, or even 20x11 Rims for Our Cars??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone make 18, 19, or even 20x11 Rims for Our Cars??

I've seen a lot of 17x11 rims out there, to put 315 size tires on, but does anyone make a larger rim? An 18 or 19x11 with 315 would look awesome. I'm not sure if it even exists though?

...Tim

IMHO, anything past 17 looks goofy on an f-body. I'm sure there are some larger ones out there.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Spinners went away, at least. Those big wheels look almost as stupid.

Comment

The larger the rim, the lower the profile tire. The lower the profile tire, the easier it is to damage them.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Why stop at 20"....... here's a Camaro riding on 22's:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/462603

You can find Corvette wheels up to 19" diameter (C6 Z06) that will fit with some adjustment to the backspace.

Up to 18", its not going to make much difference. Over 18", and you will hurt the ride, the handling, straight line traction and acceleration. The added mass of a large wheel slows you down. The decreased sidewall provides a harsh ride, exposes the rim to damage, and decreases straight line traction. While the lower sidewall will improve handling an cars with full IRS, like a Corvette or a BMW, they hurt the handling on a solid axle car like an F-Body, since the suspension can not provide the compliance that the thin sidewall requires.

Looks bad too.... but that's subjective and just my personal opinion.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hey

That Camaro looks AWESOME

I saw a website with Z06 18x10.5" rims I think that would look great on my Firebird.

Does an 18x10.5" rim support the fat 315 size tires? 18x9" in the front would take the 275s right?

...Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Timbers
              I've seen a lot of 17x11 rims out there, to put 315 size tires on, but does anyone make a larger rim? An 18 or 19x11 with 315 would look awesome. I'm not sure if it even exists though?

...Tim
              There are tons of wheel manufacturers that make 18-20" wheels for our f-bods. I think an 18, 19, and even a 20" wheel can be tastefully done as long as you pick the right wheel for the car.

Here are a bunch of pics of bad ass f-body's that I have collected that have 18", 19" and 20" wheels and/or combinations thereof. And you can get plenty of rubber on even a 20" wheel on a 4G f-bod.

Most of the below wheels are HPE's, Fikse's, CCW's, iForged, or American Racing Rebel's.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just a couple of pics because I liked them!

Comment

Wow

Very cool! This is exactly what I was looking for, sharp, professional pictures of our cars with awesome rims, not some tiny half megapixle picture that I find on the 4th gen modificiation guide.

These rims look great! I think the stock rims, the Cragar looking rims and all of these Corvette rims people put on are way out of style. Putting a nice set of modern 18-20 inch rims on these cars really make them look high class. I especially like the blue car with the blue flames and the Ferrari looking wheels, PERFECT, now I have to spend the rest of the night saving these! hah

...Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Timbers
                        Very cool! This is exactly what I was looking for, sharp, professional pictures of our cars with awesome rims, not some tiny half megapixle picture that I find on the 4th gen modificiation guide.

These rims look great! I think the stock rims, the Cragar looking rims and all of these Corvette rims people put on are way out of style. Putting a nice set of modern 18-20 inch rims on these cars really make them look high class. I especially like the blue car with the blue flames and the Ferrari looking wheels, PERFECT, now I have to spend the rest of the night saving these! hah

...Tim
                        Yep. There is a bunch of misunderstanding about aftermarket larger wheels. Not saying anybody here, but most people that are negatively critical towards 18" and bigger wheels on our 4G f-bods probably have never actually ridden in a 4G f-bod with high quality larger wheels. They ride, and handle, and dig just fine and look kick ass while doing it. But, like I said earlier, it is important to pick the right wheel for the car.

Those wheels you like are the CCW 505a's. A very popular wheel for the Vette's and f-bods. One of my favorites.

Comment

I run 18x9.5 rims all the way around on my 3G Formula. The rim is made by Boss Motorsports.
                          Boss Motorsports 304

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                          6.2L/382.97 ci
                          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                          WCT-5 speed
                          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                          Boss MS 18" Rims
                          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                          Custom Dual exhaust
                          1LE upgrade
                          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Notice that many of the people who own the cars shown above have also opted for significantly larger braking systems. Just on a subjective appearance basis, the stock brakes look extremely "puny" if you don't go to that added expense.
                            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                              Notice that many of the people who own the cars shown above have also opted for significantly larger braking systems. Just on a subjective appearance basis, the stock brakes look extremely "puny" if you don't go to that added expense.
                              I agree. I would consider a "larger" brake setup as must have with 18" or larger wheels. Some of the bigger wheel increase the rotating mass and some do not. For the bigger wheels that do slightly increase the rotating mass, the larger brakes will really shine there as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X