Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vats keys

hey guys,

i have a 1995 Camaro Z28 and when i purchased the car i was only given one key. when i went to make another set i was told the key i had was not giving off any resistance. so they were unable to make another key. I was wondering if all 95 Z28 keys gave off the same resistance. if so what is it

thanks alot

Tyler Wenzl

There are 15 different values. Unless your VATS is already disabled or in fault enable mode, you would not be able to start the car right now (if the key pellet is actually giving no reading).
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

it still starts my car but the people at the dealership could not get a reading

thanks

Tyler

Comment

Is the security light on?
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

no there are no lights on at all

thanks

tyler

Comment

Do you have an ohm meter? Measure the resistance yourself. If you don't have an ohm meter, cheap multi-meters can be had for as low as $15.

Time to "do-it-yourself" and get away from dealers. You will save a bundle of money in the long run, build up an inventory of usefull tools and learn usefull skills.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X