Found Replacement Radio Parts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Replacement Radio Parts!

I just found a store on ebay selling replacement delco radio parts. Thier prices are better than www.vetteradio.com. They have replacement bulbs AND buttons. Here is the link:
    http://stores.ebay.com/audio-xpress1...Q3amesstQQtZkm
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Nice find!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Nice find Joe!

Tracy - you any good at cd problems? My stock delco cd player makes a jumping sound about 4 times when I put in a CD. Then it works for a while. Later, sometimes it starts mixing up the music and it sounds like jibberish or a reverb amp or something. Not sure if it needs a good cleaning on the pickup and track lube or something. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
        Nice find Joe!

Tracy - you any good at cd problems? My stock delco cd player makes a jumping sound about 4 times when I put in a CD. Then it works for a while. Later, sometimes it starts mixing up the music and it sounds like jibberish or a reverb amp or something. Not sure if it needs a good cleaning on the pickup and track lube or something. Any ideas?
        It sounds like the CD mechanism is having problems. Mine was doing similar things. I removed the CD mechanism from the radio and sent it out for rebuild. I think the cost was around $30 IIRC. Check out this thread:

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=delco

You can easily remove the mechanism yourself, and have it rebuilt. Mine has been going strong for 2 years now. If you want, I can look up the name of the place I sent it to and post the info for you.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks Tracy, that is helpful to know.

Comment

Working...
          X