Exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

I have a 96 Camaro Rs 3.8 and i need new exhaust from the cat back. The cat also needs to be changed.

I am looking at a high flow cat and a flowmaster 80 series. I just put new 02 sensors in.

Is this going to sound good?

Or should i look at a different brand

I have $450 to spend

Not sure how they sound on a V6, but I have never been much of a fan of Flowmaster.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

There will be advocates of Flowmaster and others wouldn't be caught dead with them. If you have $450 to spend, I would move up the exhuast spectrum.

All of our site sponsors have quality systems. There is a reason why they don't offer Flowmaster...at least the last time I checked.

For the buck...Magnaflow. Lifetime warranty and well, it sounds good. I'm not sure how it would sound on a V6, but it is a quality piece for the price.

TexasSpeed has a "rumbler" system that isn't too much different than SLP's Loudmouth. You get great gains when joined with a lid, but expect it to be extremely raspy with the V6.

3.8's are good engines, but hard to make sound pleasant.

F-body V6 have great information about V6's.

Check out our sponsors for cat-backs.

Texas speed texas speed has a dedicated v6 backing too.

Hope this helps.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
      X