Injector firing problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector firing problems

My friend just bought a 1987 TA minus engine and tranny that was originally a 305 TPI engine vin code f and then bought a 1989 wrecked ta with good 305 TPI and 700r4 vin code f. In the process of switching them he switched wiring harnesses and used the computer from the 89 as he should have, but did not switch the fuse box as i learned just about an hour ago. We are having problems with the drivers side injectors not firing, the passenger side ones do but like i said the drivers side does not. Just looking for someones insight on the subject here, thanx
    1968 Firebird 400 4spd, soon to stroke the 400 to a 467 ( Bad Rod Bearing )
    1988 GTA 350TPI, Auto, ram air hood, ram air intake, 4th Gen rear spoiler, soon to come, headers, hypertech chip, fresh paint
    1994 GMC Sierra Z-71, underdrive pulleys, tbi spacer, headers, true dual exhuast with flowmaster 40's, hypertech chip ( My daily driver, Gas = OUCH!! )

Another question

Well i found out that there isnt a break in the 2 wires that go to the computer from the injector wires and I did a little experimenting and i hooked up all four of the injector wires from the drivers side to the working side of the passenger side. Car runs really good now. Would that work if i were to leave it like that?
    1968 Firebird 400 4spd, soon to stroke the 400 to a 467 ( Bad Rod Bearing )
    1988 GTA 350TPI, Auto, ram air hood, ram air intake, 4th Gen rear spoiler, soon to come, headers, hypertech chip, fresh paint
    1994 GMC Sierra Z-71, underdrive pulleys, tbi spacer, headers, true dual exhuast with flowmaster 40's, hypertech chip ( My daily driver, Gas = OUCH!! )

Comment

There's a good chance you'll overload the injector driver in the ECM, since its now handling twice the amperage it was designed for. May lead to premature failure. Your saying that there ar no fuse in the car, at least as relates to the ECM and engine components?

A drive fault (possible cause for the one side not firing) should set a code. Have you checked for codes?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X