Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody know the base circle on this cam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody know the base circle on this cam?

It's a Comp XR228/230 571/573 112 LSA comp pt# 54-428-11 I am wanting to find this out so I can order the correct pushrods at the same time I order the cam and springs. Also what is the base circle on the stock 2000 cam?

The stock base circle of a 2000 LS1 cam is 1.550". I honestly don't know the base circle of that specific cam. There are a bunch of different base circle diameters. On LS1 camshafts, generally speaking anything over .540" of lift usually gets a smaller base circle of at least .050"-.100" less than stock, and will of course require longer pushrods in a cam only swap to keep the valvetrain geometry in check. It is usually

If you plan on having the heads milled or you will be using a smaller head gasket or will be using different length valves, the pushrod length can vary in accordance with the valve length and/or compression height (distance from piston crown at TDC to the cylinder head deck).

Usually on cam only swaps with a small base circle cam, 7.425" pushrods will work just fine. Are you wanting to use a small base circle to clear the rods?

Honestly the best thing to do is call the Comp cam help line and ask them the base circle of that cam and what pushrod they recommend. 1-800-999-0853

Comment

Working...
    X