"Q" on skip shift eradicator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Q" on skip shift eradicator

What exactly is that little thing that you plug in place for your skip shift solenoid. Does it just connect the two wires, is it some sort of resistor??? its really getting on my nerves and i was wondering if i could do a homeade fix without setting off any SES lights. Thanks for any advice
    '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

It does more that just connect the two wires. It disables the solenoid allowing you to shift into what ever gear you choose whenever you choose to while still telling the computer that the sloenoid is operational thus not generating an error code and turning on the SES light. It plugs into the solenoid on the trans and the factory wiring plugs into it.

Is you do a search on the net you will find some home-made fixes involving some wire, appropriate restistors, connectors, electrical tape etc. but IMHO it's worth the few $$ to buy one of the products already available. I bought mine from SLP years ago. It came complete with GM style connectors and installed in less than 10 minutes.

\\Thinks back tearfully

That was my first mod... and it happened less than 2 weeks after I purchased the car!

EDIT: First mod on the 97 I should say.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Get a 2.2Kohm 1/2W resistor. Pull the harness connector off the skip shift solenoid. Trim and bend the wires on the resistor so it plugs into the harness connector (in effect, "connecting the two wires" ). Tape the end of the harness connector, and tie it up out of the way. Tape the connector on the skip shift solenoid.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X