Fuel Tank Filler Neck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Filler Neck

My 88 Camaro filler neck has a small lip near the cap that causes fuel to leak when the tank is filled. I tried replacing the cap, but a new cap will not screw on. I even got one from the dealer and had the same problem. My question is, can the filler neck be replaced without lowering the tank down? I have never done this and trying to see what I'm getting myself into. Appreciate your replies. Thanks!
    1988 5.0 TBI Camaro 700R4 Transmission
    2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Ok it's been almost 9 months and I still haven't gotten to this. Has anyone lowered a tank and could tell if the neck is part of the tank or can it be removed? Thanks for your replies in advance.
    2000 3.8 SFI Camaro 4L60E Transmission, K&N Air Filter, and Drill/Slotted Rotors all around.

Comment

I had a 199 3.1 V6 bird that I replaced the fuel pump. I had to lower the tank and remember the neck was removable.

I would go to the dealer and check out an exploded view to see if indeed the neck can be seperated from the tank.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I checked with the dealer and unfortunately the filler neck is part of the tank and the cost of a new tank is about $500. I guess I will look for a used one.

Comment

Working...
        X