Do it yourself alcohol/water injection question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do it yourself alcohol/water injection question

ok im runing a non intercooled paxton blower setup with a seemingly high air intake charge... im thinking of using the stcok washer resevoir and pump and tapping some sort of a nozzle about 6" before the throttle plates and injection a water/alcohol mixture via a nozzle of some sort what do you guys think o fthis... i believe this would be beneficial and CHEAP! i was thinking of a simple switch on my shifter to activate while racing... the only question i have is what pressure do you think the washer pump runs at and what type of nozzle should i use to tap into the aluminum supercharger intake elbow?

im using this page as a guide but i want to know if anyone has ever tried this before...... http://www.dawesdevices.com/water.html

The only problem that you will get with alcohol injection is that the alcohol itself is very corrosive to fuel system parts. In order to do it right and have it live, pick up a fuel injector or valve that is rated safe for alcohol. Then whatever system you build will be reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by paxton350
      ok im runing a non intercooled paxton blower setup with a seemingly high air intake charge... im thinking of using the stcok washer resevoir and pump and tapping some sort of a nozzle about 6" before the throttle plates and injection a water/alcohol mixture via a nozzle of some sort what do you guys think o fthis... i believe this would be beneficial and CHEAP! i was thinking of a simple switch on my shifter to activate while racing... the only question i have is what pressure do you think the washer pump runs at and what type of nozzle should i use to tap into the aluminum supercharger intake elbow?

im using this page as a guide but i want to know if anyone has ever tried this before...... http://www.dawesdevices.com/water.html
      Call Julio @ Alky Control. Dude is pretty cool and very knowledgeable. I helped with a few of these kits. You are going to want a progressive kit that is boost referenced. Julio will hook you up and point you in the right direction.
      727-526-9724
      www.alkycontrol.com

I don't have any personal experience with the Snow meth kits, but a lot of guys over on ls1tech say nothing but good things about them.

Comment

You might want to look into propane too.

Comment

I have one of the Snow Performance kits and it works fine. It injects at 140-150 psi which is what you need to get good atomization. I used my WW resevoir to hold the meth/h2o. The pump is in the L fender where the intake to the blower is. The boost-referenced controller is near the fuse box and the nozzle is in the elbow that comes up from the blower discharge. I'm going to change to multiple nozzles when I get the chance. Snow also has a flow meter that can monitor flow and if the flow quits for some reason, it can trigger a retard or boost relief solenoid or something else. I havent got that installed yet. I also have a lot of tuning to be done on it, but I just had to build my engine this spring and haven't finished the tune.

Comment

Working...
          X