Powder coating a LT1 water pump.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder coating a LT1 water pump.

Say a guy wanted a mechanically driven LT1 water pump, not electric. And lets say he wanted it powdercoated red.

What to do? You cannot bake a pump at 400* for 20 minutes because the bearing and seal will be destroyed.

The solution...
    1) Get an old pump and press the bearing, shaft and seal out of it.
    2) Powdercoat it
    3) Send it to the Flying Dutchman and have Tony press new guts into it.

http://members.ispwest.com/tmac1/index.html
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

So how close are you to getting the 383 done?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      So how close are you to getting the 383 done?
      Not very. It's starting to look like a complete motor, but it needs everything internal done. I still need to buy an opti, throttle body, harmonic dampner and flywheel before I can get going on the crank, rods and pistons. Then the heads need to be sent out to Lloyd.

It's got a ways to go yet. I need money.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The pump is back from the Flying Dutchman. It looks great, brand new seal, shaft, impellor and bearing.

$75.00 and $15.00 shipping.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:

Comment

sweet! We need pics now...

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by DeWynter
            sweet! We need pics now...
            yes pics are a must
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline
            2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Comment

OK, OK, I get it!! I'll post pictures tonight!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

I feel like I'm throwing steak into a cage filled with starved animals....

Here you go, guys!

**toss**

Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    I feel like I'm throwing steak into a cage filled with starved animals....

Here you go, guys!

**toss**

Of course the images, won't show up on my work computer.....grrr

2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Sweet. You certainly can't miss the color.

Comment

Sweet pics dude, when you getting it installed?
                        2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Very nice!!!!

TraceZ, I haven't been around the board much lately. You're building a 383? Is this pump going on the 383? Is the 383 going in your Z? Are you going with a red theme for the whole engine?
                          Dave M
                          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I've been building a 383 for the last couple years... Who knows when it will be done. I've got lots of parts, but still need lots of parts. LOL. I still need a opti, balancer, flywheel, crank, cam, rods, pistons, 58mm throttle body, dipstick, timing set, etc....

I've got a 4bolt block, heads, intake manifold (powdercoated red), red PC water pump, 42lb fuel injectors, fuel rail, vacuum lines, solonoids, oil pan, timing cover and all the little odds and ends parts to build the actual motor like the oil pump drive stubshaft, cam retainer, sensors, steam pipe, etc..

The heads will eventually be sent out for porting by either AI or Lloyd Elliot.
                            Tracy
                            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                            Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                            X