tank pressure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank pressure

having a lot of fuel tank pressure after driving and the car runs bad could have a tank vent plugged? if so where is it? and or bad charcoal cannister. the fuel tank thumps like it is trying to colapse the tank because of all the vacuum from the fuel pump need help

You failed to mention the year of the car, but I'll assume its a 4th Generation. The 4th Gens have fully pressurized fuel systems, which is why you SHOULD hear a "whoooosh" of air when you remove the gas cap. There is no "vent", at least thats how I understand the setup.

Do you have a strong fuel odor? If so I would suspect the charcoal canister. If not, I would suspect the pump itself...might be time to upgrade to a WalBro 340

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

the car is an 89 formula 350 and I do get a whoosh when I open the gas cap but the car will sit overnight and I open the cap the next morning without the car running it still does that and it is hard getting the cap off because of all the vacuum in the tank and the tank thunks if I leave the cap off or loose the car runs better maybe the cannister or the one way check valve between the line and the cannister?

Comment

Hmmm I'm not up on my 3rd Gen diagnostics LOL...sorry.

Hopefully another 3rd gen person can help you out.

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird
        Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
        X