Loudmouth install Q. > DIY or shop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudmouth install Q. > DIY or shop?

I picked up the Loudmouth and install kit Saturday at the SLP CAD. How difficult is the install? I was going to take it to a local exhaust place to have them do it. I would rather have it welded together than just clamped. Normally I don't trust anyone to work on my car, but without a lift I might need a chiropractor when I am done if I do it myself. Those bolts have not been turned since it was built, so they are probably heated and rusted on pretty well. What do you think?
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

the only prob is getting the second section of intermediate pipe off and over and out from under the axle. you need to cut it. you can do that....a hacksaw is real tough.... a pipe cutter is much easier. the intall of the system is a piece of cake. just dont tighten down any bolts on the c clamps till you get it all lined up.

we did three in less than 2 hrs a couple of years ago.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It doesn't look too tough to do, but to get everything together with the proper spacing is where I am concerned. I did an exhaust on my 87 daytona like 6 years ago, and it rattled and squeaked too much, untill I had a mechanic friend weld it.
      Will they be able to weld those seams after I get everything together, and temporarily snugged together? Is there enough clearance to use a sawzall, or rotozip to cut that pipe?
      1995 Firebird Formula
      (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I Sawzalled mine off no problem. Like cutting butter... well maybe frozen butter.
        '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Working...
        X