metal gears for power head light motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal gears for power head light motors

does anyone still have any of these left for sale. I'd rather just replace the gears instead of paying for two new motors.

any information or other ideas are more then welcomed.

Thanks,

Jason

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm
    He sells them. I bought 1 from him.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Thanks, I broke down and bought two. Spent 500.00 two weeks ago putting another water pump on and fixing a front oil leak. Car still looks great but it is starting to suck some money from me. At least I do not have a car payment on it any more and I still get compliments in it all the time. SO I guess she's worth it. 185,000 miles and still doing great knock on wood. I think the next big ticket item will be the transmission. still original.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

headlights

headlight gears are in and all working well. The putty took a long while to set so I let it set over night. put them in the next day and now I can cruise with the fog lamps on and the headlights down and I can also lock and unlock it without that gear stripping noise that dragged on for about 10 seconds.

The information was appreciated and knowing that I just saved 600.00 by not buying new motors from the overpriced chevy dealers was icing on the cake.

Jason

Comment

headlights for your f-body

Dude, check out breathlessperformance.com. They just made a kit for the 92-97 Firebird/ Trans-am that completely replaces your light system with Lemans style light group, that requires no motor. Yes, its 1100.00, but you never replace the motors again. Ever. Check it out at breathlessperformance.com. The black ram air on the site is my 95 T/A.

Comment

I have to say it... I like that kit. The 93-97 version better then the 98-02 though. But I never have been a fan of pop up lights.
            1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

92 - 97 ????
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by batman63
                Dude, check out breathlessperformance.com. They just made a kit for the 92-97 Firebird/ Trans-am that completely replaces your light system with Lemans style light group, that requires no motor. Yes, its 1100.00, but you never replace the motors again. Ever. Check it out at breathlessperformance.com. The black ram air on the site is my 95 T/A.
                OK, post #2 and it's the same plug for the product.

Are you just on this site to plug the conversion kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  OK, post #2 and it's the same plug for the product.

Are you just on this site to plug the conversion kit?
                  Lol, sounds like free advertising...
                  Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
                    Lol, sounds like free advertising...
                    Gotta love free advertising with mis-information lol

***EDIT***

Just looked at the site...those headlight kits are hideous. Ugh!!
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

headlights

I actually like the flip up headlights, I just drive around at dusk with the fog lights on only and use the flips when I am driving at night.

as for those fixed lights, the 98 looks better than the 96 version but I would not do either one cause I did ot want a camaro or a 300zx. I wanted a trans am.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                      X