Auto XRAY scan analysis pls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto XRAY scan analysis pls?

Could I get someone to look at these numbers from an autoXray scan. Car runs very strong above 2000 RPMS. The first 6 frames are from 1st to 4th shift whens the car shutters very bad (low r's in 4th). 150k+ miles.

Injectors, EGR, coil, ignition module, o2 sensors, maf - Original parts (never replaced)

plugs, wires, opti, fuel pump, fuel filter - new

Thanks in advance
    Sean

Scan data
    1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

I need to get that PC hookup thing for my autoxray. I havent gotten alot of info yet on all the different things but the left and right learn and left and right integrator thing look bad, optimal is 128 if I remeber correctly, sometimes up or down 5 points but yours seems to jump way way high signaling problems.....others here can give you way more detailed help though. Good luck

Comment

With that many miles, O2s should be on your list of parts to replace. You should also check for exhaust leaks that might be skewing the readings.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

The thing that stands out is the fuel problem on the right bank. You've got a BLM value of 156 in Cell 15. That means the PCM is adding a ton of extra fuel. Yet if you look at the points where you went WOT (99% throttle angle), your right O2 value is only 6xx-7xx mV. That indicates you have lean condition on the right bank, and the PCM, even though its adding almost the maximum amount of extra fuel (160 max BLM), it still isn't rich enough.

Compare the right bank with the left bank.... left bank has BLM's close to 128, a shorter injector pulse width, and yet in those same WOT frames, the left bank O2 is a more normal 88x-89x mV's.

I would suspect a weak injector or two on the right side. Whatever the problem is, it is only affecting the right side... left side looks good. Might be a weak O2 sensor also. You could swap the left and right O2 sensors to see if the problem follows the sensor. You could also do the same with the injectors, to swee if the problem follows the injector or stays on the right bank.

And as mentioned, a "lean" condition on one bank may actually be caused by an exhaust leak on that side, or severe misfires on that side.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X