Lt-1 Programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt-1 Programs

What's good, and what's not? Made the Lt-4 hot cam kit for the'96 enigine, now for some programing. What to use, where to get it?
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

If you can't get to or afford a dyno programmer, then I would go with either www.pcmforless.com or purchase the LT1 edit software to go with your laptop and ALDL cable to interface the two.

If your not comfortable editing your own PCM or have the time to learn...go with pcmforless.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

What about the Hyperteck or Ed White's stuff?
      The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

I've never had to deal with what you need, but I've done a bit of reading on the topic...

It's actually Ed Wright....He has the reputation to back up his work for sure!

Hypertech....Haven't heard a lot of good things from them. It's not really a popular choice....same for superchips.

pcmforless....This guy is good and does it as a bit of a hobby, so he doesn't charge an arm and a leg.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by pete
          What about the Hyperteck or Ed White's stuff?
          As stated the hypertech isn't all that great and I had a chip from Ed before I had one of Alvin's (pcmforless) and to put it politely the customer service and quality of the tune that Alvin provided was FAR superior to that of Ed's.

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird
          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
          X