No announcement yet.

Immed. HELP needed!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably 520 ohms. You would need a resistor(s) in the range of 502-564 ohms. Resistors can be daisy chained together to make the resistance you need.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
      Probably 520 ohms. You would need a resistor(s) in the range of 502-564 ohms. Resistors can be daisy chained together to make the resistance you need.
      How sure are you on the 520 thing? And does daisy chained mean consecutively? Thanks Rob.

EDIT: I'm guessing my key is pellet two then.

EDIT 2: My security light would come on randomly while I am driving. It is my guess that my lock cylinder has gone south. Correct?

In the meantime...driving the ex's car

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
        How sure are you on the 520 thing? And does daisy chained mean consecutively? Thanks Rob.

EDIT: I'm guessing my key is pellet two then.

EDIT 2: My security light would come on randomly while I am driving. It is my guess that my lock cylinder has gone south. Correct?

In the meantime...driving the ex's car
        I am guessing 520 because you said you got .520 on a kohm scale. .520kohms would be 520 ohms.
        Yes, that would fall into the range of pellet 2.

Consecutively or joined end to end.

There is no guarantee that it is the lock cylinder, but it's the most common culprit.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

i had this annoying problem. So the guys told me to spray carb stray in the cylinder and bam, problem fixed for me.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            i had this annoying problem. So the guys told me to spray carb stray in the cylinder and bam, problem fixed for me.
            Thanks for the tip but you're 3 hours too late!

I cut the two white VATS wires. I am attaching my 100+100+100+100+100+10+10 Resistor train onto it tomorrow. Pray it works!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

That's a lot of resistors...couldn't get one that's close to 520?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                That's a lot of resistors...couldn't get one that's close to 520?
                Not even close. Radio shack is the only place around here that sells them. I am going to try a hardware place down the road if these dont work.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I took that capacitor chain and launched it a good 25 yards. I'm so pissed off. My chip measured .523 and my resistor chain measured .520 and it still wouldn't work when I hooked it up to those two bitchy wires under the dash.

I am screwed. My VATS wires are cut and not connected to anything, the shop can't take me til tuesday...I am screwed big time. The security light continues to flash...flash...flash....

EDIT: On top of this my mechanic tells me it would probably need to go to a dealership to get fixed because of the key programming and crap.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Your sure you hooked it up to the wires going in the right direction? The resistor trick is always worth a shot, because the key cylinder is the most common problem (but the problem could lie elsewhere). You can prove the key cylinder is the issue by testing the leads from it with the key in the ignition. All this is in the info on my Tech Page.

If you prove it is the key cylinder, the resistors should work. Remember that it can take up to a minute for the Security lamp to go out after the repair is made.

Comment

I am getting a reading of 0 when I hook it up to the wires (both ways) with the key in and a -1.62 when hooked up the the black vats thing. Does this mean anything?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                        I am getting a reading of 0 when I hook it up to the wires (both ways) with the key in and a -1.62 when hooked up the the black vats thing. Does this mean anything?
                        Both ways????

Put your meter on the two wires going back up the column and read resistance with the key in the ignition. No reading means the wires are broken or it's just not reading the key. In that case, your resistor bypass should work (if you can find it, again ).

Comment

On the two white wires that come out of the orange one, I am getting nothing when I hook up the measuring thing (pardon my ignorance).

For being thrown 25+ yards the resistor is still in good shape! haha

300ZX is looking good right now....

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

woo!

The Chevy dealership is charging to repair me about 380 to replace the ignition switch and the wires I cut along with two new keys. Fair price or am I getting ripped?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                            X