crashed my car :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crashed my car :(

hey guys i crashed my 1995 camaro Z28 yesterday and am requiring a new front bumper and fender. i want to put a SS hood and bumper on and was just wondering if this would be possible.

thanks

Tyler Wenzl

I have a black bumper cover GM that has alot of stone chips in it, will need to be painted to look new. Where are you located
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Sure it's possible but the hoods are expensive. Opinions vary but cheap ebay glass hoods are pretty hit and miss. You're looking at an easy $700-1000 additional to go to the SS hood, and it'd better be a decent shop because the prep is very important. It also takes a bit of work getting things lined up properly.

You might be able to find someone local selling thiers, but that's a tough call. You could get one that wasn't properly repaired.

Sorry to ramble on but there are things to consider, especially if you are on a budget.

Comment

crashed my car

thanks for ur input guys, i understand that its going to be hard to find a hood,i am only 18 and eventually want to put an ss hood and bumper on and i figured what a good chance. i just wanted to know if it was possible to put it on

i am located in toronto ontario

thanks

Tyler Wenzl

Comment

i thought the SS had the same bumpers as the z28? and the was the only difference?
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Try this site: American Sports Car Design.

I have the third one from the top. It doesn't include the airbox, but that can be purchased later if you want it to be functional.

The install wasn't too bad. I had to modify my hinges so I could lower the back of the hood, and I had to spend about 8 hours sanding it, but I think it was worth it.

About the bumper, I'm pretty sure that the SS used the same bumper as the rest of the Camaros.
            95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Comment

thanks man ill take a look

Tyler

Comment

Working...
              X