intake gasket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake gasket

So I got up this morning took my car in to get the coolant changed and guess what, there was oil in the anti-freeze. But they checked the oil and it was ok. They told me I needed a new intake gasket put in. So I took the car (2000 firebird) back to the dealership to see if my warranty covered it. Luckily it does, but the deductable is $212.00. Has anyone else had trouble with the intake gasket?

Originally posted by rifsm1
    Has anyone else had trouble with the intake gasket?
    I did. When I was doing the headgaskets the intake gasket wasn't sitting right like it should. I went down to my (thank God it was open 24-7) Autozone and picked up a new set for 30 bucks. Just taking off the intake was the hard part.

btw...Id really like to see your 2006 Firebird

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

heres a pic

Here's my car
      Attached Files

Comment

So I got up this morning took my car in to get the coolant changed and guess what, there was oil in the anti-freeze. But they checked the oil and it was ok. They told me I needed a new intake gasket put in. So I took the car (2006 firebird) back to the dealership to see if my warranty covered it. Luckily it does, but the deductable is $212.00. Has anyone else had trouble with the intake gasket?
        You do know the Firebird was discontinued in 2002 don't you? So what year do you really have?

Comment

Sorry I dont know what I was thinkin it's a 2000 firebird. It's been a looong day

Comment

Sorry I dont know what I was thinkin it's a 2000 firebird. It's been a looong day

i have a 2000 trans am and ive had to replace the intake gasket... the master seal between the tranny and oil pan... and a gasket for the left valve cover.... thats been the only problems ive had with the car....
            2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
            current mods.....
            3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
            1979 10th anniversary ta
            yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

Comment

I just replaced the intake gasket last weekend and valve cover gaskets. That cost me $400 at a local shop that I trust. I also need the rear seal replaced.

Comment

There were a few TSB's on the LS1 intake gaskets.

Comment

Working...
                X