Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP vs. K & N Intake

'01 T/A WS6

Which intake system provides the most bang for the buck. Money isn't really a problem, but the K & N FIPK is more expensive and appears to let engine compartment air into the intake. On the other hand, the SLP seems to allow air in the same direction as the stock system only with larger openings. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    Slp Lid
    K & N Filter
    FTRA Kit
    Corsa Cat-back

I put the SLP kit on my 2000 ram air T/A and noticed a seat of the pants performance gaine... a good place to buy it is on... www.ws6project.com and the model # is 21047... just type the model number in the upper right hand corner in the search bar(its faster )... check it out!!!!
    2000 WS.6 RAM AIR... black on black
    current mods.....
    3" custom exhaust from zPERFORMANCE(highflow cats and super40), SLP lid w/ k&n filter and smooth bellows, slp 85mm MAF, and diablo predator II tune, beefed up sway bars and adjustable panhard bar....its my DD

Current restored and sold projects....
    1979 10th anniversary ta
    yamaha r1 (nitrous install)

Comment

SLP, Fast Toys Ram Air, or Super Sucker Ram Air are all good. Each one requires that you seal the airbox though...Which may mean to you can't use your stock system. FTRA is what I have and it comes with seals and doesn't ingest water, even in a downpour. Check it out at www.installuniversity.com.

If you still have your stock airbox, I suggest geting an aftermarket one before looking into ram air/cold air setups. The lid on my car made a significant difference in power and throttle response.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

The FTRA loos great, very close to the SLP. The SSRA seems like it would ultimately pull the most air in, but also would also pick up the most water. Is it possible to remove the lower section of the kit or do they make a block off plate like the FTRA has for when it is raining out?
        2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
        Slp Lid
        K & N Filter
        FTRA Kit
        Corsa Cat-back

Comment

FTRA extends down to the air dam and is secured using the 3 center screws that are already there. I installed it in 2.5 hours and taking my time with it. I bought a used kit and saved a buck that way. Price being equal I'd take the FTRA over the SLP.

SSRA is made out of plastic. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to fabricate a simple block off plate and attach it with a couple screws if you wanted to go that direction.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
          X