Bleed LS1 CLutch. Help Needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleed LS1 CLutch. Help Needed.

Well I was going to attempt to bleed the clutch b/c The fluid was really dark and I was unable to locate the Bleeder valve. Can I Get some info on this?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

It is on the driver's side of the bellhousing, above the half way point. It isn't the easiest thing in the world to get to.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      It is on the driver's side of the bellhousing, above the half way point. It isn't the easiest thing in the world to get to.
      im just curious, is it going to be like a bleeder from brakes? I have bleed clutch lines b4 but never on an f-body and neither me or my brother (AmericanZ28) could find it.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Like Norm said, it is on the top left (driver's) side of the bellhousing.

It's just like bleeding the brakes, but make sure you stomp on the cluch pedal prety hard a few times before cracking the bleeder screw. Don't ever let the cluch off the floor until the bleeder screw is closed.

You are going to get some fluid down inside the bellhousing. This is normal so don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTa
          Like Norm said, it is on the top left (driver's) side of the bellhousing.

It's just like bleeding the brakes, but make sure you stomp on the cluch pedal prety hard a few times before cracking the bleeder screw. Don't ever let the cluch off the floor until the bleeder screw is closed.

You are going to get some fluid down inside the bellhousing. This is normal so don't worry about it.
          Thanks alot Kevin. Im going to go out there and attempt it today. So there should be like a simple bleeder right were u marked the X huh?
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Thanks alot Kevin. Im going to go out there and attempt it today. So there should be like a simple bleeder right were u marked the X huh?
            LOL, I didn't actually mark that "X", I just dug up the picture for you. But yes, that is where you will find the bleeder. Some LS1 guys will actually make a neat hole in the floor pan right above the bleeder so that they can have easy access to the bleeder without having to get under the car. Those are usually cars that see lots of track time though.

Comment

The bleeder is on the slave cylinder, which is on the face of the tranny cover, concentric with the input shaft. Its a long "hex" shaft with a hole in it, just barely peeking out of the hole in the bell housing. Its not going to look like a brake bleeder.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Alright well I was not able to get to it this past weekend and I was laying around after work today so I decided to try and look for the bleeder. Well it took me about 45 minutes simply to try and find the correct size. But I figured it out and had my brother pump the clutch. OMG that stuff was black like crazy. Bleed it about 12 times and went through about 3 reservoir's full. That things smooth as butter. And now my reverse goes in smoothly and I can downshift smoothly. Thanks alot guys, Seriously, Couldnt have done it with-out u guys.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                X