ES question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES question...

Alright well i work at oreillys and this guy came in who owns a whatever year LT1 camaro and i brought up those energy suspension tranny mounts to see if he knew anything about them. because my car keep rippin my mount (97 trans am - 6 speed) From what he said was that those polyurethane mounts stop whatever torque is applied to ur transmission and some how weirdly applies it to ur rearend and it will tear something up where a person would ruin the rearend just by using that mount.... Now when i heard that it just sound like complete B.S.

But like in our Energy suspension book it doesnt show a part number for a trans mount for my year car or anyone with a lt1... we have a universal GM one and i compared it to one that goes to my car and it word be the same height and bolt pattern.

So i guess my question is has anybody heard of this weird deal or is this something this guys made up???
    '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

There has been some discussion on the ES poly mount being taller than the factory tranny mount used on the LT1 cars. Some people feel that it alters the driveshaft angles enough to screw up the pinion angle, and cause vibrations. So... the guy wasn't totally blowing smoke up your butt.

Shoebox has a photo showing the relative height of the stocker, the factory 1LE mount and the ES mount:

I've had the same ES poly mount in my car for about 8 years. First it sat under the stock T56 with a stock torque arm and an ES poly TA mount. No problems with it. Then I added the Spohn adjustable torque arm.... no problems. Then it sat behind the 800HP nitroused stroker and the T56, doing 5-6K clutch dumps with a Street Twin.... no problems. Then under a TH400, and now under a TH400 with a Gear Vendors overdrive.... no problems. I wouldn't use anything other than the ES poly.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X