Clutch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch?

The clutch pedal only releases half way(half way up) and I can still change gears. This happens mainly when its cold out. Also, when its warm, sometimes at stop lights with the clutch at the floor, it will grind going into first. I want to check the slave cyclinder but I cant find it! I was told its on top on the tranny. Is this correct? any ideas?
    00 Z28, M6 T-Tops

SLP Intake and Flowmaster Exhaust

On the T56 in the LS1 cars, the slave cylinder is a large "ring", bolted to the front cover of the tranny, concentric with the input shaft. You would have to pull the tranny to inspect the slave. You might be able to pull the front cover plate off the bottom of the bell housing, but I don't think you could see past the clutch to inspect the slave cylinder.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X