Part name: Unknown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part name: Unknown

OKay, so I was driving along on the freeway last night, and a part fell off of my car.. Not mechanical, but unsightly... They're low on the nose of the car, kinda add ons to the body that make it look like a trans am... I hope that's clear enough for peoples to know what I'm talking about.. I'll try to get a picture up, but I don't have access to a camera right now... Any help on the name of this part so I can order another would be greatly appriciated!! Thanks!
    1997 Pontiac Firebird (Red) 3800 Series II V6. - No mods yet..

Apparantly the kit is called a GT package, or ground effects... GM pt #12371055? Does that help? Anyone know where I could get a hold of these? Oh, and an Idea of price if anyone knows.

Comment

You don't give any info about your car, so that makes it impossible to tell you a part number (even if we knew exactly what you are referring to).

That part number you gave lists for $1525 and is $1110.20 wholesale at the dealer. That might be the whole kit and not just the single part you need.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

The Firebird GT package for 93-97 included ground effects, consisting of a rear bumper extension, side/rocker skirts and two pieces for the lower front bumper, attached to each corner. Sounds like one of the front "chin" pieces fell off. Probably have to find loose parts on eBay or the "for sale" forums of the more popular F-Body boards. Or just take the one off the other side of the bumper so it looks like a basic Firebird/Formula.

Add a "signature" with basic info about your car, including year, model, engine, tranny and any major mods. That way people can provide more accurate answers.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hmm let's see if this pic helps at ll.. I haven't been able to find it anywhere...

Comment

Its one of the ground effects pieces from the "Firebird GT" package, offered by GM in maybe 1996 and 1997. It was not factory installed. It was a package that you could order from a Pontiac dealer, and have them install it, or install it yourself.

The GM part number for the kit was 12371055, and included the front and rear air dams, rockers, templates, fasteners, instructions and GT ornamentation (decals). The part you are missing is variously referenced as the "front air dam (left or right)", or "front fascia extension (left or right)".

There were also kits numbered 12371057 through 12371062 that included the body extensions, V6 cold air intake, V6 dual exhaust, floormats and the decals. The parts were all "primed" but the floormats came in different colors to match different interiors, and the part numbers reflect the different interior colors.

All this is taken directly from a 1997 GM Performance Parts catalog.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Hmmm do you think the dealership would order the part I need seperately? Probably not, huh? Man this piece is so hard to find... Anyone in AZ know where I might find one? LOL Thanks for the help!

Comment

If you can not find it Let me know. There is a dealer in Ga. that has one side but forgot witch side.
                Blazer

Comment

Yeah, definietly check, I'm missing the Driver's side... please let me know, and how much they want...

Aparantly the Kit is called W68 for future inquiries.

And here's a site that sells them individualy.. http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...OD&ProdID=1603 for five-hudred friggin dollars! So if it's any cheaper, that'd be great!!

Thanks guys

Comment

Ha E-mail your phone number an I will call you an send me your E-mail address an I can send you a pic of a car with a better pic so we are on the right track.
                    Blazer
                    For got zlee@bellsouth.net

Comment

Working...
                    X