"sluggish"??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "sluggish"??

I am sorry, I know this is a pretty "generic" question, but I just picked up my baby ('96 T/A) from the shop today (finally) after having my VATS problem fixed. Leaving the building, accelerating "normally" (no pedal to the floor stuff!), my car is just feeling no "get up and go". feels like I'm trying to drive against 200mph wind, so to speak The engine does not miss. Now it has been at the shop for about 2 weeks w/o driving, for that matter starting, is it normal for it to be sluggish after a period of time of no driving? Do I just need to run it around town for a day? I just hope the mechanics didn't do anything, afterall, I did get the car back and had no turn signals because for some reason they took the fuse out and didn't put it back in, too....
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Sitting unused will not affect anything, unless you leave it so long the fuel dries up and plugs things up.

If they pulled the power to the PCM for any reason or if the battery went completely dead, the long term fuel corrections were lost. It may take a while for the PCM to "learn" them again, but it shouldn't cause any major upset in power, to the extent you are describing. If the long term corrections are that far from "normal" you need to get a scanner on it and find out why.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thank you very much for that information. They did have the computer out of the car and hooked another up to see if part of the VATS problem was in there; there was a short they found in there because the vehicle would start up and run for 10 seconds then shut off. I drove it a little today and it does seem to be improving. Very good possibility of what you said, thank you
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Comment

It can take as many as 300 miles for the PCM to completely "relearn" everything. I would also suggest that you get it on a scanner and look at things like your LTFT's, O2 cross counts, and pulsewidths. "Losing" the LTFT's doesn't normally make that big of difference in the SOTP performance, but if they were compenstating by more than 10%, then there could have been a noticeable power loss once the PCM was reset.

Comment

...or the mechanics at the garage got into your car every day after work, started it up , rolled the windows up, smoking joints and revving your engine to 9000 rpm pretending they are in a fighter jet.. , that might be one explanation , maybe
          93 t/a A4 3.23s
          95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
          99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
          99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
          97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
          93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
          00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Originally posted by Trans Am
            ...or the mechanics at the garage got into your car every day after work, started it up , rolled the windows up, smoking joints and revving your engine to 9000 rpm pretending they are in a fighter jet.. , that might be one explanation , maybe
            I already knew they liked to do that, and no joke, I would watch them fly right over my house too

Comment

my car did the same thing

it was from eating too many 'stangs, made him sick.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
              X