put an exhaust cutout on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put an exhaust cutout on

Before anyone says they don't like these(i know who those people are ) I did it because it was a cheaper alternative then a cat-back. I also wanna say that I love the way it sounds, it has a nice rumble to it and its not loud at idle at all but def. has some scream when i really hit the gas. The only thing i don't like is that at about 1600-1900 rpms, i have some vibrations(rattling) in the cab that are somewhat annoying. And of course thats where the car sits when i have cruise controll on doing 65-70. I am very pleased with it, I though it would sound like crap or be too loud and be annoying. But i am very happy with it Well i just figured i'd share.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Where in the exhaust did you install it?
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

right before the axle.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        I though it would sound like crap or be too loud and be annoying
        Did you ask your neighbours?
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
          Nope, but lets give it a week and see if they something
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
            That reminds me of way back in school, my 79 T/A had duals and burned out turbo mufflers. To make matters worse, the airhorn was milled off so there was no choke. I used to prime it using the nitrous kit, keeping the nitrous part shut off so as to only be using the fuel side. On cold mornings when it was really a lean start, my next door neighbor used to just LOVE me. After about a month into winter, my mom tells me to book an appointment at the muffler shop. I asked "why, it really sounded good? She agreed but I was waking the elderly couple next door every morning at 6:30. I still laugh about that because it really wasn't that bad. They should have heard the open headers at the track.

Comment

whats funny is that my sister was standing next to the car(opposite side of the opening) and she was like "i can feel the vibrations in my feet". I thought that was funny.
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Working...
              X