Headlight Conversion Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Conversion Kit

I saw this kit on ebay, but I havent ever heard of anyone thats actually had it. Anyone know anything about it? How bright are the lights? How shatter resistant or crack proof are the lenses? Are the lenses bad about fogging or yellowing? TIA------Larry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...mZ270051370695
    LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Linky no worky
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

dead link

FILLER
      I
      L
      L
      E
      R

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

sorry about that....fixed the link above, but here it is again...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...mZ270051370695
        LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

i know nothing about them but they look pretty good.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Someone posted on here a few weeks ago, they had the conversion done in Miami. An interesting conversion as it eliminates all the headaches of the headlight motors. I think I would like it more if there were less of a lens, perhaps fiberglass or metal for anything above the physical light itself. Still an interesting conversion, I just kinda wince at the price. That can buy alot of HP.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showpost...44&postcount=5

Comment

Wonder how good work at night?
              1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

yeah they do look good....and yeah the grand is alot of money....i think it would really look nice on my car....but like the post above, i wonder just how bright they are at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  I think I would like it more if there were less of a lens, perhaps fiberglass or metal for anything above the physical light itself.
                  I was thinking the same thing... It might look better if the top portion was painted to match the car...
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

If you are handy with materials, I've seen people design their own systems on C3 and C4 Corvettes. It's easier than it looks, and you can design it to your own specs. How that translates over to an f-body... I'm not real sure.

There are tons of threads on the Corvette forums about these conversions, My brother has a C4 Vette, and I know he's mentioned them. Google a search and see what happens.

Edit: I just Googled "firebird fixed headlights" and came up with several different companies that make a kit. Unfortunately, they all run $1,000 and up...
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

well here is the scupe. i have a 1999 WS6 and i got the non-pop conversion kit from breathlessperformance.com which is much like the one you are looking at. the kit goes on pretty easy but for the $1200 i paid i didnt get my moneys worth. now dont get me wrong they do look nice but they lights themselves are not very high quality and the plastic cracks very easy. when i put them on most of the holes that where predrilled where in the wrong spaces so i had to redrill most of them to get it to fit right. then after i installed them i had to go out and get some rubber to fill in some of the crack between the hood and the new lights. if i had to do it over i would have just made my own using parts from the camero lights. it would have been a lot better quality and i will work have gotten the right look i was going for.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishjason
                        if i had to do it over i would have just made my own using parts from the camero lights.
                        Glad they look good, sorry you didn't get your value.

BUT I have to blast you on something......its a C-A-M-A-R-O

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

thanks for the heads up scottishjason....i was worried about all the problems you encountered....i think i'll just stick with the popups for now. like everyone else has said, i can spend the $$$ on something more practical....like the rest of my suspension stuff, a T/A front bumper and gfx or something, lol.

Comment

Looks pretty cool. I think the " The installation is very easy, slight modification of the front bumper" is a little understatement.

http://www.breathlessperformance.com...53firebird.asp

To me it looks like you have to cut out pieces from your front bumper. Wouldn't that require you to repaint the cut areas?

I'm looking at the picture with the LT1 from the front. The photographer isn't that low in front of the car and you already can't see the full headlights. Wonder how well this lights up the road?

97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

yeah, the more i look at it and the more i read everyones comments...the more ive decided to move onto something else, besides, im not gonna cut up a perfectly good front bumper cover. now if i had a 98-02, i would still consider the lights, at least you dont have to hog up your bumper...plus they do look alot meaner.

Comment

Working...
                              X