C6 Wheels/Tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6 Wheels/Tires

Hi guys, I have a question about fitment of C6 wheels onto my '01 WS6. I recently ran into a factory set of C6 wheels. They are the 18"/19". Will these fit correctly on my car, and if so, what size tires will work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    Slp Lid
    K & N Filter
    FTRA Kit
    Corsa Cat-back

The info I have about the factory C06 wheels:

[EDIT] Added correct C6 tire sizes

Front: 18x8.5" 58mm (or 54mm... description seems to vary) offset (=~7.0" backspace); 245/40-18 (25.7" diameter)

Rear: 19x10" 79mm offset (=~8.56" backspace); 285/35-19 (26.7" diameter)

Those wheels will sit very deep in the 4th Gen wheel wells. The 19x10's will not fit without spacers, they will be into the suspension. There's a guy on CamaroZ28.com that posted photos and info after putting them on his car. He had to use 1.25" adapters in the back.

Corvette also typically use a larger outside diameter tire in the back (~26.7"??) than the 4th Gen F-body (25.65"), so using a stock set of OEM Corvette tires may provide too large a diameter, lifting the body slightly higher above the road, closing up the gap slightly to the fender line, throwing the speedo/odometer off, and giving you the effect of switching to a slightly (numerically) lower rear axle ratio. A 285/30-19 would be a better match, but the thin sidewall is going to be rough on ride quality, and leave the rims open to damage from potholes.

This is a link to the post on CZ28.com.... its at the bottom of the FAQ that I maintain there:

http://camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312442

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X