Vette Wheel fitment problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vette Wheel fitment problem.

I got some of the 18 and 19 vette wheels for my sisters 00' camaro and the rears are kickin me in the nuts, what size adapter should I get to space these properly? OR did I really screw up and buy wheels that wont fit? I knew the bolt pattern was the same and was told teh rears would work but low and behold nothing. So any help is appreciated.

What exactly is the fitment problem? The 19s for the back are pretty large for the Camaro, but what is the wheel width and offset? These are the numbers that are most important, and the determining factors on whether they will work. Are they rubbing the wheel well lip? the inner fender? Need much more info to say what the problem is.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Check out my thread just down the list. It is called C6 Tires/Wheels.
      2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
      Slp Lid
      K & N Filter
      FTRA Kit
      Corsa Cat-back

Comment

The 19x10" OEM C6 wheels have a 79mm offset, which gives them an 8.5" backspace. You can't go more than 8.0" on a 4th Gen F-Body. That puts the wheels hard into the inside fender liner, bump stop and maybe even the LCA. A 1.25" adapter, like the ones sold by Skulte Designs is required. I posted a link to an FAQ page with photo and "how to" in the thread referenced in the post above.

http://www.skulte.com/
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X