clutch question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch question

is it possible for my manifold oil leak to be leaking onto the top of the trNS AND SEEping into the tranny and getting the oil onto the disk causing it toslip?because my clutch slips and my car doesn't move like it should sometimes like high rpms or launch
    94 Formula

Im not sure... But I think you would smell burning oil if that was the case.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

I think I have the same exzact problem! I was just planning on replacing my clutch soon. I'll let you know if it was an oil leak instead, I 'm sure some has had this happend too..

Comment

yeahhhh

but the thing with mine is that my clutch is a stage 2 clutch and it has only been on the car for less and 10,000 miles it is suppose to be more durable by any regulay clutch that's what got me thinking that it's the oil leak
        94 Formula

Comment

Hmmm....Sounds very familiar....

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...083#post128083

Scott
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

ok i just needed to resurface the flywheel. it was slipping bad! Everytime i pressed the gas, it slipped, this was happing for weeks even months but it never completely wore out! I just had to drive it with just a little throttle to keep it from slipping. so i knew somthing was wierd. i replaced the clutch anyway. i hope this helps anyone. the old clutch was a centerforce. it looks to have alot of life left, anybody want to buy it?

Comment

Working...
            X