315's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 315's?

Anybody running 315's in the back? If so, do you need a spacer with a 17x11 with 45mm of offset and 7 3/4" backspacing? Thanks.
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    Slp Lid
    K & N Filter
    FTRA Kit
    Corsa Cat-back

See my FAQ writeup at CamaroZ28.com. Its about 1/2-way down this page:

http://camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312442

The 45mm offset moves the tires 1/5" AWAY from the inner fender liner and the jounce bumper bracket, so it helps in that respect. Hence, like the 50mm offset wheels, you do not need or want to run any sort of spacer.

The tire will move 1/5" closer to the fender opening "lip", and that will in all liklihood need to be "rolled" to keep the lip from contacting the sidewall of the tire. It also means the tire is going to be 1/5" closer to being outside the fender line, but its still OK..... see next pic.

This car belongs to Kelly Drown, who owns the ProjectTransAM site, and has the TT II 17x11, 45mm offset wheels in the rear:

My Formula, with the 17x11 50mm offset ZR1's, and some really beefy BFG 315 Drag Radials:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks. what type of tool do you use to roll the fender? Ultimately I have been wheel and tire browsing and found a set up that I really like. The picture below is what I am looking for. I don't think she comes with the wheels!
      Attached Files
      2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
      Slp Lid
      K & N Filter
      FTRA Kit
      Corsa Cat-back

Comment

The Eastwood Company sells a professional quality fender roller, but its expensive:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT

I've heard that you can wedge a baseball bat between the tire and fender and gently roll the lip up.... never tried it though. I used a tool called "The Jimmy". It grabs a couple inches of the lip and allows you to bend it up at a 45deg angle.... does a fair job, nothing spectacular. Before you roll the lip, the best thing to do is run a cut with a razor blade just past the bend line. That way when the lip bends, it will crack at the cut line, rather than producing a jagged crack that may extend to the visible outer edge of the lip. After you are done, use some matching touchup paint to seal the edge of the crack. It won't be visible unless you bend down and look under the fender opening.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X