Thanks Guys!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Guys!!

Found out where my sucking noise was coming from,see other thread,it was a small pipe with 90degree bend in,which,i think connects to the pcv valve.
    It had a large hole in it!So thanks for the advice,it was spot on!I would have thought with a hole that size the car would have ran badly,but i cant say ive noticed much difference,maybe a bit more responsive,but that could be inmy mind!

Would that pipe make the car run poor,down on power etc?

Originally posted by Trans am Man
    Found out where my sucking noise was coming from,see other thread,it was a small pipe with 90degree bend in,which,i think connects to the pcv valve.
    It had a large hole in it!So thanks for the advice,it was spot on!I would have thought with a hole that size the car would have ran badly,but i cant say ive noticed much difference,maybe a bit more responsive,but that could be inmy mind!

Would that pipe make the car run poor,down on power etc?

Sure would. Even though the PCV system is technically considered "unmetered" air that is brought into the intake, the fact that the valve itself wasn't the metered oriface and the hole in the pipe was drawing the air would likely cause a few glitches. One could have been idle rpm and/or quality, stumbles, etc... almost anything. The computer does a decent job of reading the 02 sensors and adjusting, but even that has it's limitations.

Comment

when my car had that big hole in that 90 degree rubber hose going to the pcv valve, the most problems were unstable idling, the motor block shaking a little bit out of normal some minutes after start, and a foul smell just some seconds of starting the car coming from the motor.
      accelaration and performance were no problem (on the other hand i never hit very hard on the gas pedal), although i can notice some better mileage now.

1996 camaro z28 automatic, no mods.

Comment

Working...
      X