Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody running an Accel Ignition Control Module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody running an Accel Ignition Control Module?

Thinking about getting one. Just wanted to know if they are worth the $50. The nicest feature is see is the revlimiter which is probably worth $50 buy itself, but I just figured I would get some opinions.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku

Accel ignition control modules offer high output and superior reliability.
    These Accel ignition control modules are designed to fit most stock or modified distributors. Accel ignition control modules come with solid-state electronics for high-coil output and superior reliability. The dwell control circuit ensures long, consistent coil charging, and the current control circuit protects against coil overheating and resists false triggering from the RFI of high-output coils.
    No F-Body right now

I had one on a car that I don't own anymore. It seemed to help add a little punch in the upper rpms, that's where HEI ignitions tend to flatten out. that part combined with a hotter coil and you'll have a pretty decent ignition.

Comment

I also had one on one of my old cars - 93 Formula. It worked OK for a little while, but it failed in just a few months. I have heard that many other people have had problems with the Accel Ignition Boxes.

You may want to do a search and check out some reviews. But my reccomendation would be to go for the MSD boxes if you want an aftermarket ignition.

Randy
      99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
      93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
      X