clutch question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch question

OK well my throwout bearing on my car went out and now theres alot of noise coming from my clutch area there.... i was wondering about some good after market clutches that will handle abuse....at a reasonable price.... i can get a clutch from oreillys for like 200 something dollars but i dont want to have to pull the tranny any time soon again... so any suggestions on a good clutch kit to buy would be appreciated and also where to get one from , thanks guys!
    '97 Trans Am - B&M Short Throw - B&M Line Lock - k&N Cold air - 6 speed - Lt1 T-Tops - Lowered

Centerforce DF clutch, Spec clutches, Ram clutches. my buddy put a Zoom clutch in, feels like stock but holds alot more then the stock clutch
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Best bang for the buck has to be the LS7 clutch kit. I have one and it holds my 500+ hp just fine. It also drives like a stock LS1 clutch, smoothe and positive.

2001 SOM Camaro SS. 1SD options, Neutral leather, ASR, 6spd. H/C, exhaust/intake/suspension. Full list of mods here:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...atasheetSS.jpg

Comment

I just had the LS7 clutch kit installed. You have to purchase the LS2 flywheel with it though. The clutch has a larger sweep area and the LS1 flywheel won't do the job. All together I got it for $550 + $250 installed.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
        X