idle problems after port and polished tb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle problems after port and polished tb

i have a hotcam. and sunday installed a port and polished tb. now apon startup my car searches for idle, and falls very low when doing so. like to about 250 rpms then up to 1000. it did this when i installed the hotcam, but not as low and learned the idle after about a week. i didnt think the idle would be affected by the tb. does it need time to relearn the idle?
    Adam 2kSS #4959 6-speed
    PERFORMANCE: whisper lid, mac headers w/ offroad y pipe, SLP Loudmouth, LS1 hotcam, ls6 springs, Predator, ngk tr6's, spec stage 3 x-pad, steel billet flywheel, 5177, purge, bottle heater, moser 12 bolt, 4.30 gears, tb coolant bypass, FRA, !cags, !egr, !A.I.R.
    SUSPENSION : eibach pro kit, bmr boxed lca & relocation brackets
    APPERENCE : clear corners, camaro fill in on front bumper and back, black and silver SS badges

http://www.geocities.com/xxlo00oixx

The Idle control soleniod may not be working but after the LT4 HOT cam you should reprogram the computer. Something msut be out of range for the computer.
    LT4KM, 160 degree TS, MAF ends, TB-bypass
    1.6 Roller Rockers, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9" Wheels F/R, 275/40R17 Goodyear F1 tires.
    WS6 Muffler, LS1 Alum. Drive shaft. 21mm rear sway bar
    Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

sorry i didnt clarify, but i have an ls1. it ran fine after the ls1 hotcam install after about a week. but when the tb went on it started having trouble again. i know people with and ls1 hotcam that have gone years without tuning for the hotcam.
      Adam 2kSS #4959 6-speed
      PERFORMANCE: whisper lid, mac headers w/ offroad y pipe, SLP Loudmouth, LS1 hotcam, ls6 springs, Predator, ngk tr6's, spec stage 3 x-pad, steel billet flywheel, 5177, purge, bottle heater, moser 12 bolt, 4.30 gears, tb coolant bypass, FRA, !cags, !egr, !A.I.R.
      SUSPENSION : eibach pro kit, bmr boxed lca & relocation brackets
      APPERENCE : clear corners, camaro fill in on front bumper and back, black and silver SS badges

http://www.geocities.com/xxlo00oixx

Comment

You might need to reset the IAC motor. This stepper motor controls the idle by screwing in and out a pintle that controls idle air and it can lose it's home after being disassembled. I've never even looked at an LS1 TB, but I assume it's there. On my car there's a sequence of turning on and off the ignition a couple times that does it - probably similar proceedure for your car. Also in some cases, you might need to reset the pintle manually. Also affecting the idle is if the TB stop screw is too far out of whack (too far open) and the IAC can't compensate for it, so there needs to be an adjustment to the TB blade to just open it a little bit - this you can tell by scanning IAC position. Sometimes adjusting the blade closed enough that you can just pull a strip of paper out without it ripping is the right adjustment. Keep in mind that all this works on a LT1 but I assume it's similar on your car - if it's not, sorry if it is misleading.

Comment

Working...
        X