Spec Clutch opinion's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec Clutch opinion's?

I have been looking into getting a new clutch and I went on TBYRNE.COM and they have a Clutch kit From SPEC. I was looking at they're Stage 1 clutch. Im just looking for something that would be great on the road but good enough to take it to the strip once in a great great while. Around 5-10 times a year if that. It says its rated at around 400-450HP and Im not planning on doing any major mods. So would this be a good choice? Its the cheapest (in price) that I was able to find. Please any feed back would be great. thanks
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

i ONLY buy SPEC clutches. They have me as a customer forever.

I went with the S3 on my camaro, I wouldn't recommend it. Get the S2 if you don't plan on modding the hell out of it. The S2 in my other car has a pedal feel like stock, but grabs great.

Get the S2. Also, check out ebay for it, they had the best deal. And they're drop shipped from SPEC so it's just like buying from SPEC.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I got the stage 2 and had nothing but trouble. I'd get a SLP.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I went and got the S1. The S2 is alittle over my budget. Plus Im not Planning on Modding the engine at all. At the most y-pipe. I already have the Loud Mouth II so. But any more power adders wont be for another couple years. Suspension is next. You guys think I'll be ok with the Stage 1? Plus Im running the LS1. Both of you guys have the LT1. Would that make a difference?
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

S1 is fine for you. You could probably do every bolt on and be fine with the S1. as long as you don't do any cam/head changes.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X